Tuesday 28 April 2015

BA3 - Architecture Study #3

For my next study I decided to create some sort of fountain. I searched on Pinterest and found a very nice and decorative fountain that was made in the Medieval times.

Reference Image

What I really liked with this reference are the carvings which I thought would easily be achieved using Zbrush. Also I like how the water goes through a sort of leaf shaped sphere.

To start off the model I blocked out the basic shapes because this time I didn't have a frontal view to base my shapes of. After the basic shapes were in place I could quickly make a high poly version to bring into Zbrush for sculpting. The leaf shaped sphere was a bit of a thinker but I managed to solve the issue by using soft selection and rotate tool to create a sort of bend, to later do some further adjusting in Zsphere using Move tool.

Progress from left to right


After this I imported the model to Zbrush to start carving out the details. I carved it using a custom carve brush from a custom brush set. I also added some quickly sculpted water to the fountain. I decided to do this because since it's a fountain it looked a bit off without the water, of course it would not be added like this for a game but purely for presentational purpose.


I also made some beauty renders using Marmoset Toolbag 2.



Since it was a very easy model to create a quick low poly for, I decided to do a Low poly and bake as well just to see the results.





No comments:

Post a Comment