Friday 24 April 2015

BA3 - Architecture Study #2

For my second study I wanted to try my hand at creating some of the decorative architecture that Gothic is known for. Since with my first study I made a game ready asset I now just wanted to make a high poly and focus on getting the shapes right.

For reference I choose a Gothic window I found during my trip to Cambridge.

Gothic window

When creating this asset I used above reference as a background plane in Maya and tried to replicate the shapes by starting with a plane and doing edge extrusion. I started off by creating the wall frame, after that I created the middle frame of the window to be able to extrude inwards. By extruding inwards and adjusting the vertexes I managed to get a similar shape to the reference. Because the shapes on both sides were the same I just had to create half of the window to later mirror it. I worked only using planes while creating this window.

Progress from left to right

Here are some renders of the end result.




No comments:

Post a Comment