Saturday 14 February 2015

BA2 - CS Research - Presentation by Walt Disney Animation



Today I went for a trip to London for a presentation by Walt Disney Animation Studios about the creation of their newly released movie "Big Hero 6".

The presentation consisted of Zach Parris, Head of Animatiod. Camille Eden, Manager of Recruitment and Kelsi Taglang, Supervisor, Talent Development & Outreach.

I decided to go to this presentation because I saw it as an opportunity to learn more of the Animation industry and also it fit perfectly with what I have chosen to write about in my CS Essay. My essay will be about "Is the gap between the Games and VFX industry shrinking for 3D Artists?" I managed to ask Camille Eden in person what her view of the matter was and if as a Games Art student what they expect to see from a portfolio. I couldn't ask more questions unfortunately because there was a lot of people interested in asking her questions but I was satisfied with the answer and I will definitely use it in my essay. The presentation itself was great and I had an amazing time. I will definitely go to
more presentations if I get the chance and it did peak my interest in the animation industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment