Thursday 20 November 2014

BA1 - Final Character Piece

And now for the Final Character Piece. For this piece I really wanted to nail her personality and also make it look kinda like a game poster. Since I had spent so much time on making my face iteration I figured I could re-use some of the earlier paintings cause they were a bit too detailed just to be used for iterations. I reshaped some parts of the face to give her an expression and more attitude and remade all the lighting.

For the composition I used some tricks iv'e learnt by studying game posters in my time in Game Development School. By making the light source be behind her gave me a reason to give her strong back lighting which gave her a more intimidating and "Badass" feel. Also the burning camp in the background gave the illusion of the old classic "Walking away from explosions" which is the perfect example of being a Bad-ass character. To make sure you know she burned the camp down I added blood to her body and face from the soldiers she killed inside the camp.

Final Character Piece


Since I made this one without a thumbnail I figured I could show some progress shots of the making of this piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment