Sunday 10 May 2015

BA3 - Creation of the Final - The Window

And now finally to start working on my 'miniature' Cathedral. Since I only had 2 weeks to create this cathedral I decided to re-use some of my earlier studies. Since I had already created a high poly Gothic window I continued to work on it. I rather quickly created a low poly version and while working on it I started to wonder how detailed architectural pieces like this one actually was in games now. They used to be just flat surfaces baked but is that so still? Because of this I did a study in Assassin's Creed Unity which I have created another blog post about. It turned out that windows now actually had proper geometry, so with a clearer idea of how to approach this Low Poly I came up with a model with 543 Polys.


Now it was time for texturing the window, since I wanted to use PBR (Physically Based Rendering) for this project I decided to texture using Substance Painter. This is an excellent texturing software which supports PBR and let you create materials using real life data. Also it let you paint directly onto your asset.
Texture creation with Substance Painter

After getting the result I wanted from Substance Painter I imported the texture to Photoshop and added more dirt and colour variation to the model. Here is the result in Marmoset Toolbag 2.







No comments:

Post a Comment