Friday 15 May 2015

BA3 - Creation of the Final - Tileable Textures

When the window was done I also decided to re-use the doorway from my previous studies. But since that one already was finished I just had to delete some unwanted parts, such as the wall behind the doorway etc. Up next was to create a Tileable wall texture that I could use on my Cathedral. This one will be very useful cause I will be able to use this texture for many different parts.

My approach for this texture was the same as the sandstone floor texture I created as a study. I started off by using 3dsMax and place simple boxes in a formation that could be tileable in all directions.


When the bake was done it was time for the texture itself. By the help of the AO and Normal I can create a nice PBR texture using Substance Painter.


When I was pleased with the result I imported it to Photoshop to add yet more details. Here is the finished result in Marmoset Toolbag 2.


I also created a version of this texture without the dirt at the bottom so it would be tileable upwards as well.

Now with this texture done I did the same process for the roof, only think I skipped with this one was the Zbrush stage because it was not necessary. I created the Roof tiles by first making boxes that were tileable and then layer them. They will not end up layered in the game but the AO will create a shadow that makes it look like they are layered.




No comments:

Post a Comment