Thursday 15 January 2015

BA2 - Zbrush Practice - Gargoyle

Since it was a few months ago I used Zbrush I decided to start working on a practice sculpt. I'm also new to the concept of Dynamesh since my normal workflow was to create the base mesh in 3DSMax and from there add it to Zbrush and just add details. So with this practice my main goal was to get used to Dynamesh and also get back into Zbrush.

I started off by searching for a interesting Gargoyle on Pinterest, since it was just a practice sculpt I just grabbed the first one that I found slightly amusing. I got pretty far with it and I quickly got back into using Zbrush again. After working on it for a while I decided to leave it there because I had to continue with the project at hand and not focusing too much on just a practice sculpt.

I unfortunately did not record my progress on this piece, but my workflow on this sculpt was that I started off with a simple sphere. From there I made out the basics shape of his head and started polishing down details.

This practice served it's purpose well and I learnt a lot about Dynamesh and got back into organic sculpting.

(Click to Enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment