Monday 12 January 2015

BA2 - Mermaid Idea

I decided to choose 'the mermaid' for my final idea. This was because I liked how it fit with the theme of water, and also gave me a chance to be creative with extending my knowledge in design. Since mermaids throughout history are mostly portrayed as beautiful women, I thought it would be a contrasting idea to re-imagine how one would look being evil/monstrous (especially as one of the gargoyles main purposes is to scare away evil spirits ). This idea also lends itself very well to using Zbrush, which is the main goal of this project.

To reach a final design of the Mermaid I will take these steps:

Research: I will start off by researching about Mermaids.
Moodboards: After the research I plan to create several Moodboards, which will represent different kinds of Mermaids and similar creatures. This will hopefully give me ideas for the iterative process
Iterations: I will create iterations by using specific parts I like within the different moodboards. I will create both 2D And 3D Iterations.
Final Sculpt: When my Iterations are done I will hopefully have a clear design in mind and start with my final sculpt.
Baking and Texturing: When the sculpt is done I will UVW wrap the low poly version and bake the information from the high poly version into it. After that I will texture my Mermaid using Substance Painter. By request from the teachers I will also make a Poly paint texture in Zbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment