Monday 30 January 2017

BA3b - Week 1 Summary


BA3b - Week 1 Summary

This week we were given our BA3b brief, with instructions and requirements provided by the university below.

'You will take forward the ideas and content developed in BA3a using all knowledge and skills acquired to date to fully realise the proposed outcome(s). You will also consider how your work can be best publicly communicated by developing the work for display at the NUA undergraduate exhibition. Guidelines for the exhibition process will be articulated by the course team in due course.'

BA3a feedback

I am pleased to say that I received a first for this unit. It's a nice boost to my confidence that I am taking the right approach for this pirate cove which I am now very excited to take to another level in BA3b. The feedback I received was mostly aimed towards the smaller tasks, however I did receive some critique regarding my object placement which I hope to improve in this brief.


What's next?

What I plan to do first with my pirate cove is to enhance the parts that I felt were a bit rushed for the last hand in. I need to replace bits such as the Mud texture and also will be creating another sand texture to increase the variation of the ground.

Professional Practice

Since this is our last couple of months before we graduate, I will be spending a lot of time searching/applying for various jobs within the games industry. I will mainly be applying for positions such as Intern/Junior Environment Artist roles but might apply for others as well if I feel I meet the requirements.

The jobs I have applied for so far are the following:

Rare LTD - Environment Artist Intern

Supermassive Games - Junior Environment Artist

Splash Damage
- Enviroment Artist Intern

Sumo Digital - Art Intern

Ubisoft (London) - Junior Environment Artist

Ubisoft (Reflections) - Environment Artist Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment