Monday 21 November 2016

BA3a - Week 9 Summary


BA3a - Week 9 Summary

Creative Practice

This week we did not have a task to complete so my focus was entirely on the Creative Practice project while also writing the 5000 word essay. 

To start off with I created an additional asset that I could use just as placeholder to enhance the environment and that was just a simple plank. I sculpted the details in Zbrush to get that old used feeling of it.


I then after baking it brought it into Substance Painter to texture it, I added some green to the plank as well since I want it to look like the vegetation around have spread into the wood as moss, just to give it that overgrown feel.

Texturing in Substance Painter

And here is the result in engine! 




On top of adjusting previous locations I also added a small extra pathway to further extend the cave.

The new pathway is the entrance at the far right



This week was mostly spent on the essay thus not as much progress with my pirate cove unfortunately but I still managed to polish a lot of the old environments with some additional assets etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment