Sunday 20 December 2015

BA2A - Week 13 - Development Project


Week 13 Summary

Development Project Final Week

This is the final week and I unfortunately was not able to finish of the piece but I definitely plan to go back to it and get it done as a portfolio piece. Anyhow, it was time to create the rock texture.

Rock Wall

To create the rock wall texture I used the same method as I did back in BA3 with the cathedral. First create a tileable block layout in 3dsMax to later import to Zbrush and sculpt. 


Finished rock wall rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 2 with Tesselation.

 Final thoughts




Unfortunately I did not have time enough to finish this piece but that was to be expected of such as massive project including so many bits I wasn't sure on. However, I did end up learning a lot including a new software and I am definitely more sure on the workflow of making buildings. When i go back to it to make it into a portfolio piece I will re-make the rock texture because I wasn't too happy with the result and of course finish off all the unfinished bits on it. Also I believe it will end up looking A TON better once in engine with decals and polypainted!

No comments:

Post a Comment