Sunday 13 December 2015

BA2A - Week 12 - Development Project


Week 12 Summary

Development Project

Modelling

With the blockout done it was now time to replace the blocks with actual models. I started off by creating the logs. To make the logs I followed a workflow that they used to create the amazing models in The Order which is by using micro detailing in Zbrush, this can be seen here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Vy5J5

High Poly log sculpt in Zbrush

Low Poly logs, baked and textured.

With the logs done I started to replace all the shapes, this is now how the building looked like.



 Substance Designer

It was now time to create the roof of the building. A few days ago I was shown the amazing software called "Substance Designer" which is a software for creating tileable textures. I thought this would fit perfectly with my roof so I decided to learn how to use it. After all this is a Development Project so now was the time to learn new software!


To learn the software I looked up different tutorials and I found a great tutorial series on Youtube going through step by step the process of creating tileable textures.



My Result rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 2


Since his tutorial was great I also decided to follow the second part which showed you step by step how to create kitchen floor, although on this one I decided to modify it afterwards and create my own design to it and explore the options. Here is a render in Marmoset Toolbag 2 with two different light setups to see the PBR.


Creating the Roof

To create a tileable roof I also ended up following a tutorial to start with, this was because with only one days of experience with the software I wasn't too comfortable with it yet to start making everything from scratch. I found this tutorial on Art Station which suited my needs perfectly: 

Here is a render of my result from following the tutorial and then experiment with my own settings.


Now it was time to create the roof for my building. I used knowledge iv'e learnt from the first tutorials and the roof tutorial to create something that fit my building. 

Final Roof Texture





No comments:

Post a Comment