Monday 15 May 2017

BA3b - Week 11/12 Summary


BA3b Week 11/12 Summary

As I brought up in the previous blog post I have decided to merge these two weeks into one blogpost since all my focus have been on level building and I felt it would make a lot more sense to just make one blogpost with all the updates to the areas. I choose to focus on purely level building since previous weeks focused too much on asset creation and expanding my environment but it's now time to reword each area at a time to raise the quality bar of the entire cave. Now afterwards I am super happy I decided to do this because the cave now looks so much better and complete than it did previously.

This blogpost will be very image heavy rather than text because my process is pretty much building with what I have while looking up various reference images to get ideas of how to make areas more interesting. One thing I really wanted to bring forward was the feeling that pirates inhabit this space. So therefor I added lots of random rope everywhere and also decided to use Marvelous Designer to create some cloth roofs and a set of crates covered with cloth.

Marvelous Designer

Final models in Marmoset Toolbag 2

I also created a water wheel by using the plank set I made a while back.


For the entrance/continuation of the cave I decided to take the approach that Skyrim uses for many of their cave environments. Basically what they do is just adding a white/blue shine and when the player walks in there he teleports out. Here is a picture to better describe what I mean:

Cave Exit/Entrance in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

And here is how I implemented it into my cave.



As I mentioned earlier, it was either doing this approach and raise the quality of the rooms I have already or expand the cave and make a entrance/end but not have time to focus on the rooms I already created. If I had more time I would of course make a entrance and a end to the cave but this had to do for now.

Anyhow, here are lots of images of how the environment look now after spending 2 weeks focusing on finishing the level and raising the quality to where I wanted it.






















No comments:

Post a Comment