Sunday 17 January 2016

BA2A - Week 15 - Art Test #2


Week 15 Summary

Art Test #2

This week I finished the Art Test. I wish I had a bit more time to finish off the stuff properly that goes on top of the dresser but it will have to do. The plan was to include a 50's lamp and an ashtray with an still smoking cigarette but the time was unfortunately not there. I am still very pleased with the end result.

Low Poly

After the high poly was done it was time to create the Low Poly. This was a rather easy and quick process. Since the poly count limit was 3000 I had to bake in a lot of the detail such as the handles. The finished Low poly ended up around 3200 vertices.

Low Poly with Normal and AO Baked

Texturing

As for the texturing stage this was a rather easy process. I did most of the texture in Photoshop except the handles which are textured using Substance Painter. Since the texture is mirrored I had to go easy with the details or else it would be very obvious that the texture is infact mirrored. 






No comments:

Post a Comment